2013/2014 TAXES ARE NOW AVAILABLE!
Replacment License Plate Issuance begins April 2, 2012
Pay Property Taxes Pay Vehicle Renewals
Online Vehicle Renewals:
- Vehicles with personalized or special emblem plates may not be renewed online after the second month after the expiration. (Ex: If the plate’s registration month is December, you cannot renew the vehicle online after February 28th.)
- A vehicle registration cannot be renewed online after the 8th month of penalty. (Ex: If the plate’s registration month is December, you will not be able to renew online after September 30th.)
- Half year license and apportioned vehicles are not eligible for online renewal at this time.
- Fire fighter plates cannot be renewed online.
- If you have SR22 or have outstanding debts to the Clerk of Court, Department of Revenue or owe child support you will not be able to renew online.
Accepted On-Line Payment Methods: eCheck, Discover, MasterCard and Visa are accepted for Internet transactions.
A collection fee of $25.00 will be charged on all insufficient fund e-checks returned for non-payment.
Accepted Office Payment Methods:
Motor Vehicle and Taxes: Cash, Check, Master Card, Visa & Discover
Driver’s License: Cash, Check, Master Card (Debit & Credit), Visa (Debit Only - Acceptable as long as Interlink is not listed on the back of the card) & Discover
December Truck Renewals - Remember if your truck is licensed for 28 ton or more, you need to show your Federal Heavy Vehicle Use Tax payment or exemption filed with the IRS (aka 2290). We have the form in our office otherwise you can download it from the IRS website.
Form - http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f2290.pdf
Instructions - http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i2290.pdf
The IRS Office in Fort Dodge is located at 1728 Central Ave. Phone: 515-576-1744
To access Humboldt County’s Website, click HERE.
To access the Humboldt County Assessor’s property information, click HERE.
FYI’s regarding Humboldt County Property Taxes...
- Pay taxes by 4:00 pm, Friday, May, 31, 2013 to avoid being published in the newspaper
- Pay taxes by 4:00 pm, Friday, June 14, 2013 to not be sold at the Tax Sale
- No taxes will be collected in the office or on the Internet on Monday, June 17, 2013
Humboldt County Treasurer’s Office
203 Main St
Dakota City, IA 50529
Handicap parking is located on the northeast corner of the courthouse. There is a handicap entrance on the east side of the building. This leads directly to the elevator. Our office is on the first floor.
For a map of our location, click on the link below...
Humboldt County Courthouse