|Online Payment Services
Discover, MasterCard, Visa and eCheck are accepted for internet transactions; 7 days a week, 24 hours a day! A service delivery fee will apply.
- Pay Property Taxes on-line; You may pay current and delinquent tax on-line. Tax Sales MAY NOT BE REDEEMED ON-LINE.
- Pay Your Vehicle tags; you may purchase vehicle tags on-line.
- Starting February 2, 2010 you may renew delinquent vehicles online if the renewal date was December 2009 and newer. A delinquent vehicle registration may not be renewed online after the eighth month of penalty.
VEHICLE RENEWALS: You are eligible to renew on-line if you received a renewal notice through the US Postal Service that contains a PIN Number for on-line renewals. However, if SR22 Proof of Insurance is required, or you owe a state debt, (i.e., income tax debt, child support recovery debt, or student loan debt), the vehicle does NOT qualify for on-line renewal.
- Phone: Tax Department: (641)673-5482
- Phone: Motor Vehicle: (641)673-4618
- Phone: Drivers License: (641)673-9521
- Fax Number: (641)673-2586 or (641)673-8979
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing address: 106 South First St. Oskaloosa, IA 52577
- Link to: Mahaska County Website
- Office Staff
- 1st Deputy Treasurer - Connie Van Polen
- Tax Department Deputy - Shauna Hol
- Head Motor Vehicle Deputy - Terri Haworth
- Motor Vehicle Deputy - Tracey Gilliland
- Motor Vehicle Deputy - Michelle Van Wyk
- Head Drivers License Deputy - Sheila Mackaig
- Drivers License Deputy - Suzy Richards
- Office Hours: Tax Department 8:00 - 4:30 Monday - Friday
- Office Hours: Motor Vehicle 8:00 - 4:30 Monday - Friday
- Office Hours: Drivers License 8:00 - 4:00 Monday - Friday
- Driver License Written Exam 8:00 - 3:30 Monday - Friday
*Effective APRIL 1, 2012 : Mahaska County will DISCONTINUE offering CDL pre-trip, skills and drive tests.
We are no longer able to accommodate the GEOGRAPHICAL REQUIREMENTS for the new STATE MANDATED COMMERCIAL driver license testing
Examples: TRACTOR TRAILERS such as: DRS, Wal-Mart , Tyson's, Large Dump Trucks or School Buses may no longer pre-trip test, skills test, or drive test in Mahaska Co.
We will CONTINUE to offer CDL KNOWLEDGE testing and ISSUANCE of Commercial Driver Licenses.
Mahaska County will CONTINUE to offer the following knowledge tests, skill tests and drive tests:
CAR DRIVES: for any vehicle under 16,000 GVWR.
MOTORCYCLES: any 2 or 3 wheel - 50 cc's and over.
D-1 Chauffeur: any tractor/trailer semi combination; operating within 150 mile radius of your own farm or from the farm you are employed at, and while transporting FARM PRODUCTS to or from that farm.
D-2 Chauffeur: any truck with the GVWR between 16,001 - 26,000 (example: SCHWANS, UPS, LUMBER CO TRUCKS).
D-3 Chauffeur: no test required
Notice: Liability Insurance will be required for ALL drive tests. ALL drive test times available are subject to change.
DRIVE TESTS, will be given except in case of extreme weather.
Extreme weather is described as but not limited to:
- temperatures at or below 0° degrees F;
- wind chill at or below 0° degrees F;
- conditions where visibility is extremely limited;
- ice covered roads;
- ice covering our CDL skills course.
All situations are subject to the County Treasurer and Drive Examiner’s discretion. If there are any questions please call (641)673-9521.
- Car Drive Test : Monday - Wednesday - Thursday (afternoon only) - Friday - first come first serve
- D-1 Chauffeur and D-2 Chauffeur Drive Test - by appointment only ; Car Drives ~ available if scheduled times permit Tuesday
- Motorcycle Drive Test - by appt. at 9:00 Thursday (morning only)
- Motorcycle Drive Test Location ~ 140 Gateway Drive, Oskaloosa (Northeast corner of the Gateway Church of the Nazarene parking lot)
Last car drive test at 3:15 (M-W-Thur (afternoon only) - F), last written test given at 3:30 daily.
Mahaska County recognizes certain days of importance as holidays. Our office will be closed in observance of these holidays on the following dates:
- January 2, 2012 in observance of New Year's Day
- February 20, 2012 President's Day
- May 28, 2012 Memorial Day
- July 4, 2012 Independence Day
- September 3, 2012 Labor Day
- November 12, 2012 Veteran’s Day
- November 22 & 23, 2012 Thanksgiving Day & Friday after
- December 24 & 25, 2012 Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
Mahaska County Treasurer 106 South First Street Oskaloosa, IA 52577
The Mahaska County Courthouse is centrally located in Oskaloosa, Iowa. We are located at 106 South First Street adjacent to the town square. Handicap parking is available on the north side of the Courthouse as well as a handicap accessible ramp.
The Treasurers office (Tax and Automobile/Drivers License) is on the first floor of the Courthouse. You will enter the Courthouse on the ground level. Go up one flight of stairs to the first floor, an elevator is also available. The Treasurers office is to the right.
The Treasurers office consists of the Tax and Automobile/Drivers License Departments. All three departments are clearly marked with signs above each door for your convenience.
TOOK OFFICE ON
|POPULATION - RANKING
22,298 - 27th
Thank you for visiting our web-site.
If you have any questions regarding the Mahaska County Treasurers office please contact me by e-mail or by phone. We are happy to provide you with personal and professional service at the local level.