|Experience The Convenience Pay Online!
Discover, Mastercard, VISA, and eCheck (electronic funds transfer) are accepted for Internet transactions. In the office or by mail we accept cash or checks only.
2014 Tax Sale Information & W-9 Request
2014 Deliquent Tax List
Property Tax: Pay your property taxes electronically by eCheck or credit card. All current or delinquent property taxes may now be paid on line. If you pay your taxes with an eCheck, you will be asked to enter a 6 digit receipt number as your PIN. The receipt number can be found at the bottom of your tax statement. Tax sales may NOT be redeemed through this online service, or payment of suspended taxes. For those payments please contact our office for assistance. Payments made by 11:59 pm September 30th or March 31st will be accepted.
Motor Vehicle Renewals: You can pay your Motor Vehicle license on line. Your renewal notice will have a PIN number for online renewals. Online service is NOT available if the vehicle registration needs proof SR22 insurance, any states or county debts are owed, the vehicle has a 1/2 yr. license or is apportioned.
Driver License Renewals: When renewing your driver license you have 60 days after your birthday for your license to be valid in the State of Iowa.
- Office Hours: 8:00 - 4:30 / Monday - Friday
- Driver License: 8:00 - 4:15 / Monday - Friday
- Drive tests by appointment: Available on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Call ahead for an appointment.
- Written tests for Operator and CDL’s daily 8:00 - 3:30
- Motorcyle Skill and CDL drive tests are not available here
- If you need Drivers’ License services when we are not available you will need to go to a State operated station. State Toll Free 800-532-1121
| Contact Information
- Tax phone: 712-749-2533
- Motor Vehicle: 712-749-2534
- Driver License: 712-749-2571
- Fax: 712-749-2715 for DL, or 712-749-2561 for Tax & Motor Vehicle
- Email: email@example.com
- Buena Vista County website: www.bvcountyiowa.com
- Office Staff:
- Deputy Treasurer - Sonia Banuelos
- Tax Clerk/Imaging - Theresa Sandvig
- Motor Vehicle Clerk - Danelle Haberman
- Motor Vehicle Clerk - Tami Tendal
- Motor Vehicle Clerk - Bridgett Richards
- Drivers License Deputy - Kim Briley
- Drivers License Issuance Clerk - Josie Bartley
- Drivers License Examiners - Matthew Sefcik
- 2017 Holidays:
- January 2nd, New Year’s Day
- February 20th, President’s Day
- May 29th, Memorial Day
- July 4th, Independence Day
- September 4th, Labor Day
- November 11th, Veterans Day
- November 23rd and 24th, Thanksgiving
- December 25th, Christmas Holiday
Buena Vista County Treasurer’s Office
215 E. 5th Street
P.O. Drawer 149
Storm Lake, IA 50588
For your conveniece a drop box is located on the east side of the Courthouse and can be used for all Courthouse payments.
POPULATION - RANKING
20,156 - 36th
Welcome to the Buena Vista County Treasurer’s web page.
With this website you will have access to information and contacting our office 24 hours a day - 7 days a week.
We are committed to providing the best possible service to Buena Vista County’s residents. These services include property tax payments, vehicle registration and titling, and drivers’ license issuance.
We are a very busy office with customer service our goal.
My staff and I have many years of knowledge and experience
to help you.
Buena Vista County Treasurer