| Experience The Convenience Pay Online!
Real-Estate Tax Payments & Motor Vehicle Renewals
2016/2017 PROPERTY TAXES
Pay tax for Sept 2017 and March 2018 on line.
Delinquent taxes may be paid online.
For your convience, use an eCheck* or your Discover Card, Mastercard or Visa card to pay your property taxes or to renew your vehicle license.
A service fee is assessed for the use of this site, and is explained on the next page.
*If the eCheck is returned for insufficient funds you will be charged $30.00 for the nonsufficient funds.
We are now able to accept debit cards and credit cards in the office, for taxes or motor vehicle. Fees will apply.
If you opt to pay your property taxes by eCheck, you will be asked to enter a receipt number as your PIN. Your receipt number will be found in the lower right corner of each half year’s payment stub. Use the 6 digit TAX RECEIPT number: (Example: TAX RECEIPT #123456) To find your parcel, enter the 10 digit Parcel NO. on your statement. (Example: 0123456789) OR You can find your parcel by entering your name. When the address appears, check to make sure it is your address. Call us at 712-362-3824 if you have any problems.
We are now accepting delinquent tax payments online. If a parcel has been sold on Tax Sale, you cannot pay online, at this time.
Payment by 11:59 pm September 30th or March 31st will be acceptable online.
In the event eCheck payment is returned for non-sufficient funds, a $30.00 fee will be charged.
MOTOR VEHICLE RENEWAL
To renew online you will have had to receive your renewal notice through the US Postal Service. It will contain your PIN number, needed for online renewals. Half year license, and apportioned vehicles are not eligible for online renewal. You may not renew online if you owe fines, child support, or need SR 22 insurance.
- Office Hours: 8:00- 4:30 / Monday - Friday .
- Driver License: 8:30 - 3:30/ Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
- Driver License Knowledge Testing: must be started by 3:30.
- Drive tests on Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday afternoon by appointment only.
- Please note that Driver License transactions can be paid by check, cash, debit, or credit cards. Fees do apply to debit and credit cards.
- CDL and motorcyle drives are NOT offered in Emmet County.
- You may renew up to 60 days after your birthday.
- Property Tax : 712-362-3824
- Motor Vehicle: 712-362-5679
- Driver License: 712-362-5679
- Fax: 712-362-7829
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Staff:
- Vickie Jurrens, Treasurer email@example.com
- Brenda M Real Estate Tax firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deb C., Motor Vehicle email@example.com
- Silvia D. , Motor Vehicle firstname.lastname@example.org
- Angie M., Driver License email@example.com
- HOLIDAY CLOSINGS FOR 2016:
- Friday, January 1, 2016 .............. New Year’s Day
- Monday, January 18, 2016 ............. Martin Luther King’s Day
- Monday, February 15, 2016 .......... Presidents’ Day
- Monday, May 30, 2016 .................. Memorial Day
- Monday, July 4, 2016 ........................ Independence Day
- Monday, September 5, 2016 .......... Labor Day
- Friday, November 11, 2016 ........ Veterans’ Day
- Thursday, November 24, 2016 ....... Thanksgiving Day
- Friday, November 25, 2016 ............ Day after Thanksgiving
- Monday, December 26, 2016.......Christmas Day Holiday
- Monday, January 2, 2017 ........ New Year's Day Holiday
Emmet County Treasurer’s Office
609 1 Ave N Ste 8
Estherville, IA 51334
For your convenience a payment drop box is located at the West door (N 6th St side) of the Courthouse. Cash payments are not accepted in the drop box.
For Handicapped Accessibility enter through the Law Enforcement Center (on the west side of the building), enter the Sheriff’s hallway and continue down the hallway. (If you need a wheelchair, check with the Sheriff’s Office). You will enter the Courthouse and the elevator is directly across from that hallway. In the elevator you will push floor 2. The Treasurer’s Office is directly across from the elevator.
|POPULATION - RANKING
10,604 - 76th
I would like to welcome you to the Emmet County Treasurers’ Home Page!!
My hope is that this website, will make contacting our office easier and more convenient with access to information 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
We provide the following services from our office: Property Tax Collection, Issuance of Vehicle Titles and Registrations, and Driver License Issuance.
Our office is committed to carrying out these responsibilites while providing outstanding customer service through a process of continuous evaluation and improvement of the way in which we do business.
Please do not hesitate to contact me by phone or email with any questions or comment and I will be happy to assist you.
Thank you for visiting our website and have a great day.
Vickie K Jurrens, Emmet County Treasurer