2019/2020 TAXES ARE NOW AVAILABLE!
First Half due by September 30, 2019 and Second Half due by March 31, 2020
Covers Tax Period July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019
Based on Valuation as of January 1, 2018
Pay Property Taxes Pay Vehicle Renewals
Bill of Sale Required for Transferring Vehicle Titles Beginning January 1, 2020
Effective January 1, 2020, the Humboldt County Treasurer's Office will require customers to provide a bill of sale when transferring titles to motor vehicles between private parties. A bill of sale or purchase agreement is already required for vehicles purchased from a dealership.
The Iowa State County Treasurer's Association (ISCTA) in conjunction with the Iowa Department of Revenue (IDR) aim to substantiate vehicle purchase prices, which have a direct impact on the fees that are remitted to the State's Road Use Tax fund.
The ISCTA Executive Board is encouraging all 99 counties to proactively require a bill of sale to be completed by both the seller and the buyer in advance of any administrative mandate.
Many counties already require a bill of sale between private parties and are allowed to do so pursuant to section 321.13 of the Iowa Code. Humboldt County will join other counties and require a bill of sale effective January 1, 2020. The Bill of Sale should include the seller's name, make of the vehicle, year of the vehicle, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), buyer's name, date of sale, purchase price, and signature of seller.
A bill of sale form (PDF) is available HERE.
Online Vehicle Renewals:
- Vehicles with personalized or special emblem plates may not be renewed online after the second month after the expiration. (Ex: If the plate’s registration month is December, you cannot renew the vehicle online after February 28th.)
- A vehicle registration cannot be renewed online after the 8th month of penalty. (Ex: If the plate’s registration month is December, you will not be able to renew online after September 30th.)
- Half year license and apportioned vehicles are not eligible for online renewal at this time.
- Fire fighter plates cannot be renewed online.
- If you have SR22 or have outstanding debts to the Clerk of Court, Department of Revenue or owe child support you will not be able to renew online.
Accepted On-Line Payment Methods: eCheck, Discover, MasterCard and Visa are accepted for Internet transactions
Accepted Office Payment Methods:
Motor Vehicle and Taxes: Cash, Check, Master Card, Visa, & Discover
Driver’s License: Cash, Check, Master Card (Debit & Credit), Visa (Debit Only - Acceptable as long as Interlink is not listed on the back of the card) & Discover
December Truck Renewals - Remember if your truck is licensed for 28 ton or more, you need to show your Federal Heavy Vehicle Use Tax payment or exemption filed with the IRS (aka 2290). We have the form in our office otherwise you can download it from the IRS website. IRS Phone: 800-829-1040
Form - http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f2290.pdf
Instructions - http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i2290.pdf
To access Humboldt County’s Website, click HERE.
To access the Humboldt County Assessor’s property information and pdf property tax statement, click HERE.
FYI’s regarding Humboldt County Property Taxes...
- Pay taxes by 4:00 pm, Friday, May, 31, 2019 to avoid being published in the newspaper
- Pay taxes by 4:00 pm, Friday, June 14, 2019 to not be sold at the Tax Sale
- No taxes will be collected in the office or on the Internet on Monday, June 17, 2019
DT List Bidder 2019 DT Pub Bid 2019
MH DT 2019 MH Pub Bid 2019
Drivers's License Practice Test
CDL Practice Tests