We accept Discover, Mastercard, Visa and e-Checks for Internet Transactions. When paying property taxes by parcel number, please enter the 10 digit parcel number which appears in the bottom right corner of either payment stub. A $30.00 returned check fee will be assessed on any payments returned due to insufficient funds.
Effective November 1, 2016, The Iowa County Treasurer's E-Government Alliance (ICTEA) and Gov Tech Services announced upgrades for the online web application at www.iowatreasurers.org, making the site even more customer friendly. Customers are now able to sign up for email notifications on the website. This enhancement will allow users to more easily sign up for email alerts reminding them of upcoming due dates for property taxes in September and March. With the new enhancement, no payment is required to receive email notifications. The informaion will not be shared with any other source and users will only receive email reminders regarding upcoming property tax due dates.
The other major enhancement allows users to store an account. With this change, users will enter a receipt number during the initial set-up, but will no longer need to enter a receipt number for further payments via e-check. This will also eliminate the need for users to search for their tax statements when making e-check payments.
Scheduled and Recurring Property Tax Payments:
We are pleased to offer one-time scheduled tax payments and recurring monthly property tax payments through this website. Payments can be scheduled using either a credit card or e-check. If you need additional information, please call us at 712-433-2347.
* To search for parcel numbers by name, enter the last name first followed by a comma, and then part of the first name. For example, to search for all parcels owned by John Smith, enter Smith,John
Arrangements can be made to have monthly payments automatically decucted from your checking or savings account with a simple one-time sign up. If interested please contact our office at 712-433-2347
* Motor Vehicle 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (but computers shut down at 3:45 p.m.)
* Tax Department 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (but computers shut down at 4:00 p.m.)
* Drivers License 8:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m. For a checklist of documents you will need to bring with you, please click here
Written tests: Please arrive no later than 3:30 p.m. to ensure time to complete the test and be issued a credential.
Drive Tests: Tuesdays and Wednesdays by appointment only. Please call 712-433-9566 for an appointment.
Motorcycle Drive Tests: Tuesdays and Wednesdays by appointment only. Call 712-433-9566 for an appointment.
*** ATTENTION CDL HOLDERS***: Federal regulations require you to bring proof of citizenship or lawful present to renew or upgrade your CDL. Please call our office at 712-433-9566 to determine the documents you will need to bring with you.
Payment Methods Accepted by the Monona County Treasurer's Office:
- Cash (U.S. Currency Only)
- Credit Cards (Service delivery fee of 2.25% plus $1.50 per transaction applies)
- Debit Cards (Service delivery fee of $2.00 per transaction applies)
- Checks, Money Orders or Cashier's Checks possessing an American Bank Association (ABA) routing number
Contact us at the following phone numbers:
* Property Taxes: 712-433-2347
* Motor Vehicle: 712-433-2702
* Drivers License: 712-433-9566
Property Taxes: Rhonda, Tammy, Laura
Motor Vehicle: Jodie, Whitney, Joann
Driver License: Tammy, Jodie, Whitney
Monona County Treasurers Office
610 Iowa Ave
P.O. Box 415
Onawa, IA 51040
New Years Day - Tuesday, January 1, 2019
Presidents Day - Monday, February 18, 2019
Memorial Day - Monday, May 27, 2019
Independence Day - Thursday, July 4, 2019
Labor Day - Monday, September 2, 2019
Veterans Day - Monday, November 11, 2019
Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 28, 2019
Day After Thanksgiving - Friday, November 29, 2019
Christmas Holiday - Wednesday, December 25, 2019