|Experience The Convenience Pay Online!
Click here to pay taxes. Click here to pay vehicle tags.
WELCOME to the Official Treasurers’ website:
We accept Visa, Mastercard, and Discover debit cards/credit cards in the office, for taxes or motor vehicle. Fees will apply.
We accept Mastercard credit/debit card and Discover credit card in the office for drivers license. Fees will Apply.
Internet transactions are payable by : Master Card, Visa, Discover, or E-Check. Fees will Apply.
To pay by eCheck, you will need the RECEIPT number from your tax billing statement,
or the PIN number from your motor vehicle renewal notice.
Returns for insufficient funds will be charged a fee of $20.00.
- To pay property tax, enter your 10 digit PARCEL number, or enter your name in the correct field, in the following format: Last name, comma, first name. IE: Brown, Charles
- We are now accepting delinquent tax payments online. If a parcel has been sold on Tax Sale, or has been Suspended, you cannot pay online, at this time.
- Payment by 11:59 pm September 30th or March 31st will be acceptable online.
- Motor Vehicle Tag Renewal Available Online. Click on the Vehicle Tags above. You may not renew online if you owe fines, child support, or need SR 22 insurance. You will need the PIN number from your renewal notice to pay online.
Drivers Licensing 8:00 to 4:00 Daily in Office, written test prior to 3:30 pm.
Motorcycle Drive tests by appointment only on Wednesday at 9:00 am weather permitting.
CDL written tests given anytime prior to 3:30 pm.
CDL drive tests are not available.
TAX SALE INFORMATION:
Tax Sale Buyer Registration Forms
Tax Sale Buyer Terms & Conditions
Tax Sale Buyer W-9 Form
- Office Hours: 8:00 - 4:30 / Monday - Friday
- Driver License: 8:00 - 4:00 / Monday - Friday
- Driver License Written Testing: 8:00 - 3:30 / Monday - Friday
- Drive Test given 8:00 to 11:30 and 1:30 to 3:15 /Monday-Friday
- Motorcycle Tests - 9:00 am Wednesday Morning, by Appointment
- Phone: 712-957-3210
- Motor Vehicle: 712-957-4185
- Driver License: 712-957-3208
- Fax: 712-957-0015
- Email Treasurer or Tax: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email Motor Vehicle: email@example.com
- Email Drivers License: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Staff:
- Deputy Treasurer - Missy Hattermann
- Motor Vehicle Deputy - Sharon Johnson
- Driver's License Deputy-Laura Scroggin
- Driver License/MV Clerk - Brooke Stevens
O’Brien County Treasurer
2nd Floor Courthouse
155 S Hayes Ave PO Box 310
Primghar IA 51245
January 1st, New Year’s Day
February 20th, President’s Day
April 14th, Good Friday
May 29th, Memorial Day
July 4th, Independence Day
September 4th, Labor Day
November 10th, Veterans Day
November 23rd and 24th, Thanksgiving
December 25th, Christmas Day
Phyllis Rohlfsen, Treasurer
Prairie Heritage Center
|POPULATION - RANKING
14,428 - 57th
Welcome to the O’Brien County Internet Payment Site.
O’Brien County is the home of Black Soil, some of the best in the State of Iowa.
Our communities are:
Visit our county Website:
And make sure you stop by the Prairie Heritage Nature Center, on Hwy. 10 southeast of Sutherland.