Property Taxes are now available!!
Payable September 30, 2020 and March 31, 2021
For the time period July 1, 2019-June 30, 2020
Based on Valuations as of January 1, 2019
- Property Tax: If you opt to pay your property tax by eCheck, you will be asked to enter a receipt number as your PIN. This can be found on your property tax statement.
- Motor Vehicle Renewals - You are not eligible to renew online unless you received a renewal notice through the U.S. Postal Service that contains a PIN number for online renewals. Half year license and apportioned vehicles are not eligible for online renewal.
WE ARE EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE THE ADDITION OF CREDIT AND DEBIT CARDS TO THE LIST OF PAYMENT
OPTIONS FOR IN OFFICE MOTOR VEHICLE AND PROPERTY TAX TRANSACTIONS. THE FEES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Credit Cards- 2.25% per transaction
Debit Cards- $2.00 per transaction
January 1, 2020 a bill of sale will be required with all motor vehicle title transfers in Palo Alto County. Here is the form that needs to be filled out in full: Bill of Sale
TAX SALE INFO.
Update: June 2020 Tax Sale has been cancelled.
The 2020 Palo Alto County Tax Sale will be held Monday, June 15, 2020 at 9 a.m. Please click on the following link for additional information:
Notice of tax sale info2020
FYI’s regarding Palo Alto County Property Taxes...
- Pay taxes by 4:00 pm, Monday, May, 18, 2020 to avoid being published in the newspaper
- Pay taxes by 4:00 pm, Friday, June 12, 2019 to not be sold at the Tax Sale
- No taxes will be collected in the office or on the Internet on Monday, June 15, 2020