2018 PROPERTY TAX IS NOW PAYABLE
FIRST HALF IS DUE SEPTEMBER 30, 2019
Did you know you can make partial payments on taxes*?
Partial payments may be made in office, online or by mail at your convenience
(*Tax Sales and Special Assessments must be paid in full)
Questions? Contact us at 641-464-3230
2019 Tax Sale Packet (click link below)
2019 Tax Sale Information
Discover, Mastercard, Visa and eCheck are accepted for Internet Transactions - Service Fees Apply.
Property Taxes: When paying by eCheck you will be asked to enter a receipt/bill number as your PIN. Your receipt number can be found at the bottom left corner of your stub. Example: Receipt: 123456. Partial payments are acccepted. Delinquent taxes can now be paid online, however tax sales cannot be redeemed online.
Motor Vehicle: To renew online you must enter your pin number from your renewal notice or audit number from your current registration (lower left section of registration). You will not be able to renew online if you owe Department of Revenue fines, child support, or need SR22 insurance.
* Returned Check Fee Notice *
A $30 return fee will be assessed on any return payments, including online e-checks, per Iowa Code 554.3512.
- Motor Vehicle & Property Tax hours: 8:00 - 4:00 / Monday - Friday
- Drivers License: 8:00 - 1:00 2:00 - 3:45 / Monday - Friday Closed 1-2 pm daily
- If coming to Iowa from another state please be aware you will need to provide your official birth record (not a hospital copy) or passport, your actual social security card, two pieces of mail verifying your Iowa address and, if married or divorced, documentation verifying change of name (i.e. marriage certificate, court document stating change of name). To avoid inconvenience, please call ahead if you have questions. For further assistance determining the documents you will need to bring with you, please click here.
- CDL renewals: Effective July 8, 2015 you need to bring your birth certificate at the first renewal beyond that date.
- Driver License Written Testing: 8:00 - 3:45 / Monday - Friday Please bring required paperwork - call if questions!
- Click this link to take the practice test now! http://www.iowadot.gov/mvd/driverslicense/iadrivertest.html
- Car Drives Only - No Motorcycles - Tuesday 9:00 - 3:00 by appointment only
- President's Day - Monday, February 18
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 27
- Independence Day - Thursday, July 4
- Labor Day - Monday, September 2
- Veterans Day - Friday, November 11
- Thanksgiving - Thursday and Friday, November 28 and 29
- Christmas Eve at Noon - Tuesday, December 24
- Christmas Day - Wednesday, December 25
- New Year's Day - Wednesday, January 1, 2020
Ringgold County Treasurer’s Office
109 W. Madison St, Suite 200
Mount Ayr, IA 50854
The Handicap Parking and entrance is located on the West side of the Courthouse. All must use the west entrance to the building as the other doors are locked for security. You may exit the building through any door.