Response to COVID-19:
Governor Reynold has extended the temporary suspension of penalties and interest for delayed property tax payments until July 25, 2020. Taxes were due by March 31, but late interest and penalty on property tax payments will NOT apply until
July 27, 2020 on which date penalties apply, subject to change.
If your motor vehicle registration expired January 31, 2020 or later, you do not need to renew your registration at this time. Read more from the IDOT. https://iowadot.gov/mvd/vehicleregistration/registering-a-vehicle
PROPERTY TAX DUE DATE WAS MARCH 31, 2020
Did you know you can make partial payments on taxes*?
Partial payments may be made in office, online or by mail at your convenience
(*Tax Sales and Special Assessments must be paid in full)
Questions? Contact us at 641-464-3230
Currently no date is scheduled for a 2020 Property Tax Sale (subject to change).
2019 Tax Sale Information
Discover, Mastercard, Visa and eCheck are accepted for Internet Transactions
Service Fees Apply Lower Fees Effective 1/1/2020 E-Check .25 | Credit Card 2.25% | Debit Card $2.00
Property Taxes: When paying by eCheck you will be asked to enter a receipt/bill number as your PIN. Your receipt number can be found at the bottom of your tax statement in bold print or at the top on your payment stub. Partial payments are acccepted. Delinquent taxes can now be paid online, however tax sales cannot be redeemed online.
*NOTICE* Motor Vehicle: EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2020 A BILL OF SALE IS REQUIRED ON ALL TRANSFERS. Forms are available on the home page of this site under Motor Vehicle or available in office. A handwritten Bill of Sale will be accepted and must include Date of Sale, Amount, Vehicle Description including Year, Make, Model and VIN. Seller signatures will be required. At this time penalty on vehicles purchased during the emergency declaration are waived through June 25. Please contact us to handle transfer by mail or drop box.
To renew online you must enter your pin number from your renewal notice or audit number from your current registration (lower left section of registration). You will not be able to renew online if you owe Department of Revenue fines, child support, or need SR22 insurance.
* Returned Item Notice *
A $30 return fee will be assessed on any return payments, including online e-checks, per Iowa Code 554.3512.
- Motor Vehicle & Property Tax hours: 8:00 - 4:00 / Monday - Friday
- Drivers License ISSUANCE AND PERMIT TESTING 8:30 - 1:00 2:00 - 3:30 / Monday -
Friday. DUE TO COVID-19 BY APPOINTMENT ONLY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE - ESSENTIAL APPOINTMENTS TAKE PRECEDENCE.
- If coming to Iowa from another state please be aware you will need to provide your official birth record (not a hospital copy) or passport, your actual social security card, two pieces of mail verifying your Iowa address and, if married or divorced, documentation verifying change of name (i.e. marriage certificate, court document stating change of name). To avoid inconvenience, please call ahead if you have questions. For further assistance determining the documents you will need to bring with you, please click here.
- CDL renewals: Effective July 8, 2015 you need to bring your birth certificate at the first renewal beyond that date.
- Driver License Written Testing: 8:00 - 3:45 / Monday - Friday Please bring required paperwork - call if questions!
- Click this link to take the practice test now! http://www.iowadot.gov/mvd/driverslicense/iadrivertest.html
- Car Drives Only - No Motorcycles - Tuesday 9:00 - 3:00 by appointment only
- President's Day - Monday, February 17
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 25
- Independence Day - Friday, July 4
- Labor Day - Monday, September 7
- Veterans Day - Wednesday, November 11
- Thanksgiving - Thursday and Friday, November 26 and 27
- Christmas Eve at Noon - Thursday, December 24
- Christmas Day - Friday, December 25
- New Year's Day - Friday, January 1, 2021
Ringgold County Treasurer’s Office
109 W. Madison St, Suite 200
Mount Ayr, IA 50854
The Handicap Parking and entrance is located on the West side of the Courthouse. All must use the west entrance to the building as the other doors are locked for security. You may exit the building through any door.