SIOUX COUNTY TREASURER'S
OFFICE LOBBY HOURS
MONDAY - FRIDAY
9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
(PLEASE PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING)
Response to COVID-19:
On June 25th, Governor Reynolds announced the temporary suspension of penalties and interest for delayed property tax payments until July 25th, 2020.
06-29-2020 - Sioux County Driver's License Announcement
We will be open to general foot traffic in our Sioux Center location only Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri. This will NOT include renewals for those whose licenses have not yet expired or for Real ID only issuance since the TSA extended the deadline to October 1, 2021. The knowledge testing will be limited due to the social distancing rule and only a limited number of people will be allowed in the DL room at a time. If your child is needing to take the permit tests please do the testing online by following the SKIP THE TRIP AT HOME program on www.iowadot.gov and come in to be issued when the test is passed. If you are in a high risk category please stay home as the state is offering a 6 month extension due to the limited availability of renewal services at the driver’s license stations at this time. Also the Governors proclamation is waiving license expiration dates at this time as well. If you wish to get the extension please follow the link https://iowadot.seamlessdocs.com/f/ApplforTempExtensionofLicenseto apply. If you have questions please call 712-722-2923.
UPDATED SERVICE DELIVERY FEES BEGINNING 1/2/2020:
Credit Cards: 2.25%
Debit Cards: $ 2.00
Pay Your Property Tax If you pay your property tax with an eCheck, you will be asked to enter a 6 digit receipt number as your PIN. The receipt number can be found in a square box on the top of your tax statement. Your receipt number can also be found with your parcel information at www.siouxcounty.org.
You can now access the Assessor Property Information on each parcel from Step 3 of the property tax payment process.
Pay Your Vehicle Tags You may be eligible to renew online if you received a renewal notice through the US Postal Service that contains a PIN number for online renewals.
**Half year truck license and apportioned vehicles are not eligible for online renewal at this time.
Internet transactions are payable by Discover, Mastercard, Visa or eCheck.
E-checks cost .25, effective Jan. 2, 2020.
Holiday Closings for 2020:
- New Year's Day - Wednesday, January 1, 2020
- Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday - Monday, January 20, 2020
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 25, 2020
- Independence Day - Friday, July 3, 2020
- Labor Day - Monday, September 7, 2020
- Veterans Day - Wednesday, November 11, 2020
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 26, 2020
- Friday After Thanksgiving - Friday, November 27, 2020
- Christmas Eve - NOON Closure - Thursday, December 24, 2020
- Christmas - Friday, December 25, 2020
- Motor Vehicle Phone: 712-737-2222
- Property Tax Phone: 712-737-3505
- Driver License Phone: 712-722-2923 until further notice
- Fax: 712-737-8170
- Email County Treasurer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email Motor Vehicle: email@example.com
- Email Driver License: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Motor Vehicle Deputy: Donna Siebersma
- Motor Vehicle Clerks: Jayne Hofmeyer, Kim Heusinkveld, Mary Suntken
- Financial Manager: Cynthia Reid
- Tax/Motor Vehicle Clerk: Teri Poppema
- Driver’s License Manager: Jill Lode
- Driver's License Examiner: Cheryl Sandbulte
- Driver's License Clerk: Dawn Prescott
Sioux County Treasurer’s Office
104 1st St. SE
PO Box 77
Orange City, IA 51041
*We are located one block north of the Courthouse, on the southeast corner of 1st and Central.
Daniel D. Zomermaand
| Appointed June 2020
POPULATION - 33,704
RANKING - 21
I would like to welcome you to the Sioux County Treasurers’ Home Page!!
My hope is this website will make contacting our office easier and more convenient with access to information 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
We provide the following services from our office: Property tax Collection, Issuance of Vehicle Titles and Registrations, and Driver License Issuance.
Our office is committed to carrying out these responsibilites while providing outstanding customer service through a process of continuous evaluation and improvement of the way in which we do business.
Please visit us again!
Sioux County Treasurer