THE SIOUX COUNTY
IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
This change is due to the national emergency regarding COVID-19.
Our drive through is open 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM. Payments require CASH or CHECK only until further notice. We have a drop box for payments on the North side of the building.
Staff is present to answer phone calls and process mail.
Governor Reynolds issued a proclamation on 4/2/2020 that waives late penalty on property tax payments through April 30, 2020, to help give some assistance to Iowans dealing with the impact of COVID-19. Payments must be postmarked by April 30, 2020, paid online at www.iowatreasurers.org by April 30th or paid at the Sioux County Treasurer’s Office via the drive-through or drop box by April 30th to avoid a late penalty.
A property tax receipt can be mailed OR emailed IF requested.
UPDATED SERVICE DELIVERY FEES BEGINNING 1/2/2020:
Credit Cards: 2.25%
Debit Cards: $ 2.00
**UPDATED DRIVER'S LICENSE SCHEDULE**
Pay Your Property Tax Payments are accepted online for Property Tax. If you pay your property tax with an eCheck, you will be asked to enter a 6 digit receipt number as your PIN. The receipt number can be found in a square box on the top of your tax statement. Your receipt number can also be found with your parcel information at www.siouxcounty.org.
You can now access the Assessor Property Information on each parcel from Step 3 of the property tax payment process.
Pay Your Vehicle Tags You may be eligible to renew online if you received a renewal notice through the US Postal Service that contains a PIN number for online renewals.
**Half year truck license and apportioned vehicles are not eligible for online renewal at this time.
Internet transactions are payable by Discover, Mastercard, Visa or eCheck.
E-checks cost .40, effective Dec. 1, 2007.
Sioux County Treasurer Office Hours
Property Tax, Motor Vehicle - Orange City: 8:00 - 4:30 | Monday - Friday
Driver’s License Schedule - Click Here
Driver's License Information - Click Here
Holiday Closings for 2020:
- New Year's Day - Wednesday, January 1, 2020
- Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday - Monday, January 20, 2020
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 25, 2020
- Independence Day - Friday, July 3, 2020
- Labor Day - Monday, September 7, 2020
- Veterans Day - Wednesday, November 11, 2020
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 26, 2020
- Friday After Thanksgiving - Friday, November 27, 2020
- Christmas Eve - NOON Closure - Thursday, December 24, 2020
- Christmas - Friday, December 25, 2020
- Motor Vehicle Phone: 712-737-2222
- Property Tax Phone: 712-737-3505
- Driver License Phone: Click here
- Fax: 712-737-8170
- Email County Treasurer: email@example.com
- Email Motor Vehicle: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email Driver License: email@example.com
- Motor Vehicle Deputy: Donna Siebersma
- Motor Vehicle Clerks: Jayne Hofmeyer, Tracy Westcott Riepma, Kim Heusinkveld
- Financial Manager: Cynthia Reid
- Tax/Motor Vehicle Clerk: Teri Poppema
- Driver’s License Manager: Jill Lode
- Driver's License Examiner: Cheryl Sandbulte
- Driver's License Clerk: Dawn Prescott
Sioux County Treasurer’s Office
104 1st St. SE
PO Box 77
Orange City, IA 51041
*We are located one block north of the Courthouse, on the southeast corner of 1st and Central.
Randall J. Jacobsma
| Appointed July, 2008
POPULATION - 33,704
RANKING - 21
I would like to welcome you to the Sioux County Treasurers’ Home Page!!
My hope is this website will make contacting our office easier and more convenient with access to information 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
We provide the following services from our office: Property tax Collection, Issuance of Vehicle Titles and Registrations, and Driver License Issuance.
Our office is committed to carrying out these responsibilites while providing outstanding customer service through a process of continuous evaluation and improvement of the way in which we do business.
Please visit us again!
Sioux County Treasurer