ATTENTION CDL HOLDERS - Federal regulations require you to bring proof of citizenship or lawful presence to renew or
upgrade your CDL. Please call our office at 641-484-3141 to determine the documents you will need to bring with you.
Experience The Convenience Pay Online!
On-Line Payment Services: eCheck, Discover, MasterCard and Visa are accepted for Internet transactions. NOTE: Processing fees will apply.
A payment drop box is located in front of the building for after hours convenience.
Payment types accepted in the office:
- Cash (U.S. Currency Only)
- Checks, Money Orders or Cashier's Checks possessing an American Bank Association (ABA) routing number
- Credit and debit cards. (NOTE: Processing fees will apply.)
>>Pay Property Taxes
Your taxes may be paid on the internet unless they are flagged "Tax Sale". Please contact our office for Tax Sale information. Have your district, parcel, and receipt number available when paying online. District, parcel, and receipt number are printed on your tax statement.
Property taxes payable in September 2016 and March 2017 are based on the January 1, 2015 assessment, which is called the 2015 tax year. This assessment covers July 1, 2015 through December 31, 2015 taxes, which are payable September 2016 and January 1, 2016 through June 30, 2016 taxes, which are payable in March 2017.
Note: You can now access the Assessor Property Information on each parcel from Step 3 of the property tax application.
Click here to find your assessed value.
2016 Tax Sale Information
Notice to Tax Sale Purchaser I.R.S. W9
>>Pay Your Vehicle tags
You are only eligible to renew online when you have received a renewal notice through the US Postal Service that contains a PIN number. If you have lost your PIN number, you may contact us with your plate number and we will look up your PIN number.
A Bill of Sale and a title application is required for title transfers.
Bill of Sale
Application for Title
Tax Department: 8:00 - 4:30, Monday - Friday
Motor Vehicle Department: 8:00 - 4:00, Monday - Friday
- Effective September 1, 2010 all vehicle transfers will require a Bill of Sale.
- Title transfers and sticker renewals are processed from 8:00 until 4:00
Driver License Department: 8:00 - 4:00, Monday - Friday
- Written Test: 8:00 - 3:30, Monday - Friday
- Driving Test (Operator License Only): 8:00 - 10:30 am & 1:30 - 3:00 pm, Monday-Friday, by appointment
- We do not offer Motorcyle, Chauffeur or CDL drives
The office will be closed on the following dates for holidays in 2017:
- Presidents’ Day Monday, February 20
- Good Friday Friday, April 14
- Memorial Day Monday, May 29
- July 4th Tuesday, July 4
- Labor Day Monday, September 4
- Veterans Day Friday, November 10
- Thanksgiving Thursday, November 23 & Friday, November 24
- Christmas Friday, December 22 & Monday, December 25
- New Years Day Monday, January 1
- Phone: (641) 484-3141
- Fax: (641) 484-6248
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Staff: Assistant Motor Vehicle Treasurer - Beth Young
Motor Vehicle Sec-Bookkeeper - Sara Gilbert
Assistant Tax Treasurer - Ann Princehouse
Universal Clerk - Jenny Schlabaugh
Drivers License Examiner - Darla Thiessen
Tama County Treasurer
took office on 01/01/2011
Welcome to the Tama County
Treasurers’ home page.
We are here to assist you.
Our ultimate goal is customer
satisfaction. If you have any
questions on any of our
services please contact us.
Population - Ranking
17,576 - 40
Tama County Treasurers Office
104 West State
PO Box 336
Toledo, IA 52342
Our office is located directly north
of the Courthouse in the
Tama County Administration Building.