Union County Treasurer
Took Office June 23, 2008
The Treasurer is responsible for collection of taxes and other fees for state, county, city, school districts, community colleges, and other taxing bodies such as townships and fire districts.
The County Treasurer’s Office is responsible for all motor vehicle transactions and issues drivers license and CDLs.
Dates to remember from the Treasurer’s Office
- March 1 – Second-half of property taxes due.
- March 31 – The second half of property tax is due by March 1st of each year. Late interest will accrue starting April 1st unless the last day falls on a Saturday or Sunday, then taxes become delinquent the second business day of April.
- July 1 – First day of Fiscal Year
- September 1 – The first half of property tax is due by September 1st of each year. Late interest will accrue starting October 1st, unless the last day falls on a Saturday or Sunday, then taxes become delinquent the second business day of October.
- September 30 – Last day to pay first-half of property taxes without penalty at the Treasurer’s office. Mail-in payments must be post-marked by September 30.
Discover, Mastercard, Visa and e-Check are accepted for Internet Transactions. When paying property taxes by parcel number please enter the parcel number which appears on your tax statement. A $30.00 returned check fee will be assessed on any payments returned due to insufficient funds.
Does your license fly? Beginning October 1, 2020 if you're planning to travel by commercial plane, you must show a REAL ID compliant license or identification card at the airport, or comply with TSA by providing additional documentation including increased security checks which may cause delay. Not sure if the REAL ID is the right choice for you? Click here to find out more.
Test your knowledge of the rules of the road for the State of Iowa. The practice tests have been created by the Iowa DOT to provide new drivers with the foundation to safely meet their responsibilities on the road and to remind all drivers of safe driving habits.
- Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Driver’s License: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
|Monday, February 17th
|Friday, April 10th (closing at noon)
|Monday, May 25th
|Friday, July 3rd
|Monday, September 7th
|Wednesday, November 11th
|Thursday, November 26th
|Friday, November 27th
|Thursday, December 24th
|Friday, December 25th
|Friday, January 1, 2021
||New Years Day
Union County Treasurer’s Office
300 N. Pine St
Creston, IA 50801