Welcome to Wapello County
Ottumwa, IA 52501
Experience The Convenience of Paying Online!
Payments may be made on-line using an E-Check, Mastercard, Visa, or Discover. A service delivery fee will apply. You will need a current receipt number (tax) or PIN (vehicle) to pay online. Call one of our offices for assistance.
If your E-Check does not "Clear," whether due to lack of funds, or incorrect entry of your ABA or account numbers, a twenty dollar fee will be charged.
>>Pay Property Taxes; The statements for the taxes payable in September, 2016, and in March, 2017, will be mailed August, 2016.
>>Pay Your Vehicle tags; To renew your car license online, you must have a pin number and be free of "Stops," placed on your records by the State of Iowa.
RE: TAX SALE
You will have to pay by mail or in the office in order to redeem a tax sale certificate. You may call for the amount due. However, between May 1 and June 30, you must pay with certified funds (cash, cashier check, money order or we will accept a debit or credit card [additional fees apply].) We also require certified funds if a 90-Day Notice of Expiration of Right of Redemption has been served. If you have questions, please call our office at 641-683-0040.
Office Hours and Locations
- Tax Department, 2nd Floor of the Courthouse, 101 W. Fourth St: 8:00 - 4:30 Monday - Friday
- Motor Vehicle Department (Main Office), 102 East Main St: 8:00 - 4:30 Monday - Friday
- Motor Vehicle, (Satellite Office) 2849 N Court St.: 8:30 - 1:00/1:30 - 4:30 Tuesday - Friday & 8:00 - 1:00 Saturday
- **We are now accepting debit and credit cards at the Satellite office!**
- Tax Department Tax Deputies: Sandy Billings and Laurie Fountain
- Motor Vehicle Department Motor Vehicle Deputies: Theresa Shipley and Melody Johns
2017 County Holidays
New Year's Day January 2
Martin Luther King Jr. Day January 16
President's Day February 20
Memorial Day May 29
Independence Day July 4
Labor Day September 4
Veteran's Day November 10
Thanksgiving Day November 23
Day After Thanksgiving November 24
Christmas Day December 25
Day after Christmas December 26
Roberta L. Roth Neff
Took Office 1/01/2015
Began as Tax Deputy in August, 1986
ABOUT WAPELLO COUNTY
My staff and I welcome you to the Wapello
County Treasurer's website where
you can conduct business with us 24/7.
Our goal is to make your business
transactions with our office as convenient
and pleasant as possible while providing
you with accurate and efficient service.
Please feel free to contact me by phone
at 641-683-0040 or by email at
email@example.com at any time.