As of March 19, 2020 we are closed to the public. No walk-in traffic will be allowed. Most motor vehicle and property tax transactions can be done by going on-line to www.iowatreasurers.org or by mailing payments to Winneshiek Co Treasurer 201 W Main St Decorah IA 52101 or by paying with credit card over the phone. Additional fees apply to credit card transactions. Simple Drivers License renewals can be done on-line at www.mymvd.iowadot.gov Governor Kim Reynolds has issued a proclamation suspending expiration dates on Driver's Licenses, Motor Vehicle registrations and vehicle title transfers until further notice. Penalty & interest for 2nd 1/2 Property Taxes that are now due will not be applied unless paid after April 16, 2020 Please call with any inquiries at 563-382-3753 and we can walk you thru getting your transactions processed without coming to our office.
VEHICLE TITLE TRANSFER INFORMATION
- Anyone buying a vehicle from a private seller needs to be sure they have the appropriate documents. This not only includes the properly assigned previous title and signed Iowa application, but also a signed bill of sale from the previous owner verifying the sale date, the buyer's identity, vehicle information, and the purchase price.
- If a buyer is unsure of the documents required, please contact our office for more information.
- Be aware that sellers who are not licensed or bonded often represent themselves on social media as "Dealers". Before a buyer takes cash to a parking lot to pay for a vehicle, we recommend the buyer asks for verification of all the proper information.
CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS ACCEPTED
VISA MASTERCARD DISCOVER - A Service Delivery Fee will Apply
Registration & Proprerty Tax transactions:
Credit Cards - 2.25% per transaction
Debit Cards - $2.00 per transaction
Drivers License transactions:
Credit & Debit Cards - $1.50 per transaction
- Motor Vehicle and Property Taxes...........Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Driver’s License..........................................Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
|Friday, April 10, 2020
|Monday May 25, 2020
|Friday July 3, 2020
|Monday September 7, 2020
|Wednesday November 11, 2020
|Thursday November 26, 2020
|Friday November 27, 2020
||Day After Thanksgiving
|Thursday December 24, 2020
||Christmas Eve Day
|Friday December 25, 2020
|Friday January 1, 2021
||New Year’s Day
Treasurer: Brenda Kreitzer
Stacey Darling Amanda Humpal
Nathan Onsager Dawn Hageman
Winneshiek County Treasurer's Office
201 W Main St
Decorah, IA 52101
The entrance is located on the West side of the Courthouse. An elevator and stairway is available for access to our office on the second floor.