Iowa veterans can now add a Veteran designation to their drivers license or nonoperator identification cards. A link to the required form can be found by clicking here. Your County's Veterans Affairs office will need to complete part of that form before the designation can be added to your drivers license or identification card. Please share this post to help spread the word to Veterans.
Vehicle Title Transfer
- Iowa Licensed Motor Vehicle Dealers are required to be licensed and bonded against fraud. Private sellers have no such requirement.
- Anyone buying a vehicle from a private seller needs to be sure they have the appropriate documents. This not only includes the properly assigned previous title, but also a signed bill of sale from the previous owner verifying the sale date, the sellers identity and the purchase price.
- If a buyer is unsure of the documents required, they should contact our office for more information.
- Be aware that sellers who are not licensed or bonded often represent themselves on social media as "Dealers". Before a buyer takes cash to a parking lot to pay for a vehicle, we recommend the buyer asks for verification of all the proper information.
- Motor Vehicle and Property Taxes...........Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Driver’s License..........................................Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
We are pleased to announce the addition of credit and debit cards to the list of payment options for in office motor vehicle and property tax transactions. Please contact the Treasurer’s office for additional information regarding applicable service fees.
|Friday, April 19, 2019
|Monday May 27, 2019
|Thursday July 4, 23019
|Monday September 2, 2019
|Monday November 11, 2019
|Thursday, November 28, 2019
|Friday, November 29, 2019
||Day After Thanksgiving
|Wednesday December 25, 2019
|Thursday December 26, 2019
|Wdnesday January 1, 2020
||New Year’s Holiday
Treasurer: Wayne Walter
Winneshiek County Treasurer's Office
201 W Main St
Decorah, IA 52101
The entrance is located on the West side of the Courthouse, an elevator or stairway is available for access to the second floor.